Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Skinny

Ok let's get real for a minute, people.

It's true.

Of course, it's true.

I am a woman after all.

I'm sure you've guessed by now.

I admit it.

A big reason (huge reason, ginormous reason) I'm training for a triathlon is I want to lose a few pounds.  You see I've got this pair of pants....

I think every woman in America owns these pants.   You know the ones.  You bought them one/two/ten years ago and at the time they looked fabulous on you--so flattering they should be illegal.  But now... they are just a crime.  Every once in a while you pull them out of the back of your closet, tug them up your thighs as far as you can--maybe you can even button them--but infallibly they end up in a sad little pile on the floor with you right there next to them sobbing your chubby little heart out.  It's a tragic and all too common tale.

Well I want to wear those pants again damnit!  I just bought mine a year ago and I'm only a few pounds away from being comfortable in them.  A few measly, paltry, miserable pounds.  Curse you pounds!  I rue the day we met!  But, no!  You have tarnished my self image for the last time.  I refuse to be beaten down.  Are you with me ladies?

I said are you WITH me ladies?!?

I can't HEAR you!

All right then!

Let's wear the hell out of those pants!



That's my version of the Braveheart speech.





k

3 comments:

K Fuji said...

To prove I'm not kidding I'm going to post a picture of me in those pants in exactly 3 months from now so that's let's see... November 14, 2010. The picture will be from the torso down and I'll wear a tight fitting shirt and show side and back angles too. If that's not motivation to quit snarfing down junk I don't know what is.

DJG said...

Hey K, this blog is a good idea. If you link to mine, I'll link to yours.

MommaDonna said...

To funny! I know what you mean. I'm sighing with the knowledge there is a long way to go...