Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lady Gaga Loves EVERYONE!


"And now, I'm just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time."
— Lady Gaga


I recently attended Lady Gaga's Monster Ball.  That woman can sing.  It was a complete spectacle, of course, not just her, but the crowd.  No one can out gaga Lady Gaga although many tried.  I think my favorite was the gentleman with gold, old-school telephone handset epaulets.  Clever.  I didn't dress too outrageously (I'm not brave enough to wear booty shorts in public), but did give myself a fauxhawk with moderate success.  I don't know if you are familiar with this particular hairdo, but it's a relatively simple style accomplished by ratting the hair and then cementing it in place with shitloads of hairspray.  I went to bed with it looking like this:



And woke up with it looking like this:


That's a lot of hairspray.

But I digress.

The reason I'm prompted to post about the Monster Ball is because it was a surprisingly uplifting experience.  I expected the party-carnival atmosphere and dance music, but I did not realize how life-affirming the lady herself would be.  She truly adores her fans and is not only an advocate for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered persons, but also for artistic types and free-spirits who don't comfortably fit into any culturally accepted category.  She mentioned she was unpopular and picked on every day in high school (I'd love to be a fly on the wall at her 10 year reunion), but rather than succumbing to pettiness, she forged ahead manifesting her dreams.  She encouraged the audience several times during the show to love ourselves exactly how we were born and not give into the pressures of other people's expectations.  I couldn't help but be inspired and now my own "tight pants problem" seems trite and unworthy of attention.  

So I'm back, people!  From now on no more energy wasted worrying about what "could be" and only attention and focus paid to what is and will be.


                      
"I used to walk down the street like I was a fucking star... I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be - and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth."
— Lady Gaga  


k

No comments: