Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Is It Just Me or Do Abs Never Get Any Easier?

As I progress I can do more with better form, but sheesh... they still burn as much as they did on day 1.  They are the only exercises that never seem to hurt less the more I do them.  I can now go for a longer period before the burning gets to the point where I want to kill somebody, but it always shows up.  Maybe that is why hell is described as being hot?   Satan is an enthusiastic personal trainer who forces you to do crunches while shouting at you for eternity, "come on, give me just one more!"   Shudder.  Now that would be hell.

Image from www.fullyillustrated.com




k

1 comment:

MommaDonna said...

Any why is it that they are the ONLY body part that irritates me when I work them? Feeling the burn in the abs sucks...must be some science behind it!