Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

All the Models Wanna Be Like Me


Guess what the new fashion trend this fall is?

You know what, forget it.  You'll never guess.

Gap teeth.

Yes.  It's true.  As hard as it is to believe (and I find it very hard) apparently the "it" thing this year is for models on the runway to sport gap teeth.  Ridiculous.  Firstly, this is ludicrously arbitrary even for an industry based on ludicrously arbitrary.  Secondly, have you ever seen a model's teeth on the runway?  Even if they did smile, which they don't, how could anyone possibly notice a gap a few millimeters across?  Thirdly, it's ludicrously arbitrary.  I already mentioned that?  Well, it is.

Whatever.  So over it.  I've been rocking that look since 2nd grade.  Like Snooki and her bump, I've matured past my trademark (although unlike her I do not have my own Wikipedia entry).  That's the mark of a true trendsetter; have the look before anyone thinks it's cool and just when it gets popular declare it uncool and move on.  That's right.  I'm too sexy for my cat.

Sigh.  And, yes, I am quite aware of the irony involved.  Here I am spending beaucoup bucks to get rid of the one hip thing about me.  It's all good though, baby.  Trust me, this time next year gap teeth will be out and freakishly long second toes will be in and I will, once again, be the trendiest trendsetter of them all.

Thanks for nothing, Sookie



k

No comments: