Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Back in The Saddle Again

Bike saddle that is.

Ugh.  My workout routine was rudely disrupted this past week by a series of opportunities to indulge in my favorite vice; baked goods.  Children's birthday parties, friendly get togethers, and a ginormous bake sale all conspired against me.  I am left a bloated, exhausted, and jittery victim of sugar overload.  I went to the Y on Thursday and almost tossed my cookies on the elliptical (pun very much intended).  TMI?  Well, that's what this blog is about; documenting the good, the bad, and the ugly on my road to becoming a triathlon.   The past 8 days were definitely ugly.

Tomorrow I'm back though!  I'm going to provide my body the fuel it needs to get through my increasingly ambitious workouts.  I will be back in that unbelievably uncomfortable training-bike saddle tomorrow night.  That's my promise to myself.


Peace out.



k

No comments: