Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Earning Turkey

I registered to run a 5k on Thanksgiving morning.  Hey, it was a good way to get me out of cooking duties.  Besides, after the 10k, 5k seems like small potatoes (Thanksgiving feast pun intended), but I know the area where the course is and it's crazy hilly so I could be in for a challenge.  I kinda hope so.  Bring it on, Motherf@&$ers!  My goal is to run it in under 27 minutes since my last 5k time back in April was 27:38 (or something like that).

Next goal: half marathon (13 miles)!



k

4 comments:

Book Mama said...

Gobble, gobble! Run a mile for me. I'm pregnant (again!) and will NOT be doing any tris this time around. Nope. Call me lazy bones. I'll get in shape after the kid pops out. So...can you keep in shape for me, too, till May?

K Fuji said...

Congrats! I'll keep in shape for you if you eat Ben & Jerry's for me. Deal?

Elizabeth Murray said...

Great Job Kendra! We're cheering for you! How did you do?

Book Mama said...

Two pints eaten. Just for you. :)