Follow along as I, an average citizen, train for my first ever triathlon.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

13 Miles and Counting

I registered for my first-ever half-marathon today.  I'm committed now.  No backing out, no excuses.  I mean, sure, yeah, technically, I can change my mind, but that would be $70 down the drain and money is too precious these days to flush it away.

I'm not that worried about it actually.  I ran half the distance yesterday so I've already completed a quarter-marathon.  Hmm... I like that.  That sounds a lot cooler than 6.5miles.

Now I am in serious need of new running shoes.  I've had all my toenails for over 6 months and I'd like to keep it that way.  If you haven't already, you should pause a moment today, and give thanks for your toenails.

I know, I know, I still owe you Little Asian Ladies.  I am working on it, but I've got a block for some reason and I want to do it justice.  Art takes time, folks.


k

No comments: